WhatsApp Job Scams
Have you recently received a WhatsApp message from a recruiter who seems suspicious?
We want to alert our candidates to a current scam that preys on job seekers. Some scammers might contact you with enticing job offers to extract your personal information or ask for payment. This scam is currently widespread and affecting thousands of recruiters in the UK.
Please remember - our team would never reach out to you using WhatsApp. They would only conduct themselves in a professional manner and and we would never ask you for money or bank details, we provide our work finding services free of charge to you as a candidate will never make any suspicious requests. We would like to thank those who have forwarded us the evidence of this scam. We would also encourage you to report any suspicious scams to the Action Fraud here.
Here are some tips to help you spot a fraudulent message:
- It's a message that you weren't expecting
- It comes from a number or email address you don't recognise
- It contains a link - please avoid clicking it
- The job offer seems to good to be true
- They are asking for money or personal details, such as your CV
- The message is poorly written and contains spelling errors
We apologise for the inconvenience, be assured that we report every issue but unfortunately as these are cyber scams, we are unable to stop this widespread issue affecting the whole recruitment industry.