This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking experienced BOM Analyst to join the team in Stafford on contracting basis.
Large Power Systems Division (LPSD) designs and manufactures diesel, gas and reman engines, ranging from 400 kilowatts to 16 megawatts of power, and the key engine systems such as fuel, air, aftertreatment and cooling which are used to power oil & gas, electric power, marine, rail and Cat machine applications around the world.
In this role you will have the opportunity to effectively manage the BOM originating from Marketing, Product/Process Design, Manufacturing and Order Management groups that require creation and changes, within MFG Pro and CBS, to support Engineering to Release functions. You will partner with global teams and multiple business departments.
Job duties/responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
* Prepares and maintains personal plans and is responsible for meeting scheduled dates
* Interact with Plant locations and various engineering departments
* Responsible for the data integrity of the Manufacturing Bill of Material (mBOM)
* Works closely with product engineers to provide timely release and implementation of new models, major product updates and miscellaneous changes
* Responsible for supporting the end to end Bill of Material process to ensure the end to end quality of the Manufacturing Bill of Material, which ensures accurate supply chain and plant production execution
* Collaborate with Engineering Services (EDS) to process engineering packages and manufacturing changes, including all NPI (New Product Introduction) proto, pilot and ramp up projects and maintenance releases and changes
* Collaborate with the Local Change Coordinator to process engineering packages and manufacturing changes including all NPI (New Product Introduction) proto, pilot and ramp up projects, maintenance releases and changes and Design team involvement
* Reviews new model introduction product model structures with NPI teams and related groups. Serves as an integral member of the NPI and Design teams influencing the product model structures to minimize differences between the released eBOM and mBOM thereby minimizing the proliferation of manufacturing only part numbers.
* Responsible for the creation and maintenance of Variant Rules for Product structure on Sales models and top-level items
* Required to work effectively with diverse, cross-functional groups in order to execute the Bill of Material process
* Responsible for frequent audits of releases and changes at a plant to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as provide guidance to resolve problems
Background / Experience
* A relevant college or university degree is desirable and a requirement of a minimum of 5-7 years' experience in a product change control or coordinator role.
* Must be able to demonstrate the extensive capability and experience with MFG Pro and preferably CBS systems also to change, manage and create BOM content.
* Combustion engine knowledge and experience is preferred. An aptitude for strong problem-solving skills and good communications skills is a requirement.
Offering up to £25 per hour as Ltd Co / Umbrella Co contractor based over 37.5 hours per week.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.