We have a great opportunity for a CAD Engineer to join the UK division of an expanding global high speed manufacturing company.
The company is the largest global manufacturer in their field of products. They are going through investments in their UK operations and expanding their design team to facilitate this. The successful Design Engineer will support creation of engineering drawings and be responsible for but not limited to the following tasks.
* Support capital projects through production of all necessary tooling and container designs.
* Respond to customer needs for innovation and differentiation by designing new products and production processes that add value and can be operated within the company.
* To improve quality & manufacturing efficiency and reduce production cost of the existing containers through improved tooling & process designs
* Support the plants drive for improved quality and efficiency and reduced spoilage and operating costs by reviewing with the development team tooling design and modifying where appropriate.
* Achieve year on year material cost reduction by designing tools that allow light-weighting and down gauging of stock
* Support the EMEA regional tooling and container drawing needs.
* Support the company's licensee tooling and container drawing needs.
What we are looking for in an Engineer….
* AutoCAD Mechanical desktop as well as additional knowledge of other 3D CAD packages.
* Creation of tooling designs to issue for manufacture
* Design of new beverage containers
* Drawing checking & management
* Additional computer software skills in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
* Geometric tolerance
* Tooling suppliers liaison
* Metals and materials engineering, with knowledge of FEA
* Knowledge of high speed manufacturing processes
To apply for this role, please forward an up to date resume in word format with a portfolio of works in PDF.
Role CAD / CAE Engineer
Salary £36,000 to £45,500 dependent on experience
Location Milton Keynes
RHL act as an employment agency and recruitment consultancy.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.