Concrete Technologist / Concrete Materials Specialist
Due to the sustained increase in the demand for the technology department services with our client, RHL are looking for a concrete materials specialist.
As a member of the technology team, you will have a challenging, varied and interesting workload that will primarily involve offering technical support to clients as well as work in the development laboratory.
The mix of project work will include concrete mix design, analytical testing in the "dry" and "wet" laboratories, durability testing, ad-hoc advice, problem investigation, new product development, site trials and support and much more.
You will become expert in concrete and related materials. You will develop a detailed knowledge of international standards and specifications and should have the passion for your subject that ensures you remain at the forefront of the field throughout your career.
- Product development and R&D through personal work in the laboratories
- Project management
- Daily involvement in the operation of the concrete laboratory
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant BSI Standards
- Undertaking product trials and demonstrations - both on site and off site.
- Active involvement in Product/Materials development.
- Communication with customers, both internal and external
- Offer technical support to the commercial team
- Carry out a range of concrete, cement and aggregates laboratory tests
- Keep accurate and legible records of all works undertaken
- Works to published technical specifications and standards
- Identify and manage risk in all work activities
- Manage and maintain company equipment
- Liaise with client representatives on testing requirements
- Basic equipment calibration when required
Experience and Qualifications required:
Educated to Degree Level in Civil Engineering, Materials, Chemistry or another relevant subject
Relevant post-graduate experience in concrete materials and/or technology
Detailed knowledge of fundamental concrete technology
Minimum of 2 years Experience within a concrete technology role preferably field based
The post holder will have a good level of written and verbal communication skills and have previous experience in a similar technical services role, within the concrete manufacturing or supply industry.
The position is full time 37¾ hours a week.
Please apply with your CV of contact Becky Round - firstname.lastname@example.org