£40,000 to £50,000 per annum + company car
An exciting position has arisen with our client, who are seeking a full time Buyer at their Head Office just outside of Winchester.
The role requires the ability to establish new positive relationships and enhance our professional credibility together with building on established behaviours with our suppliers quickly and effectively whilst communicating well with all internal teams.
Key Responsibilities -
- Responsible for material procurement for several on-going projects
- Obtain quotes / prices from suppliers for project specific items and for the estimating department for tenders.
- Work closely with the project team to ensure orders are placed in line with programme.
- Attend internal co-ordination meetings for on-going projects.
- Placing orders for the hire and direct purchase of plant
- Liaise with the internal teams to ensure company plant use is maximised.
- Regular reporting of project costs against tender
- Sourcing of new suppliers and products
- Be aware of new materials and suppliers that can help assist the business.
- Attend pre-start meetings and Team Meetings as required
- Check engineering drawings for discrepancies and compliance with the required material specification.
- Control all purchasing administration and ensure all transactions are completed and recorded correctly.
- Manage any potential supply problems and work to find solutions.
Essential skills -
- 5 - 10 years Purchasing or Buying experience within civil engineering/ construction or an aligned industry
- Degree or CIPS qualified would be an advantage.
- The ability to source new suppliers through research.
- Be a natural problem solver, be able to use initiative to find solutions.
- Excellent communicator
- Be commercially aware.
- Excellent attention to detail required.
- Good standard of Microsoft products, particularly Excel
- Ability to work as part of a team and communicate effectively is essential.
- Sound / proven commercial and negotiating skills.
- Experience on Eque2 software or similar would be beneficial (confidence to assist with implementation and use of a new software package)
For more information please call 07702 696233 or apply direct.