This is a great new contract opportunity for a Construction Estimator to work in our client's project offices in Surrey for 6 months with the real possibility of extension.
We are dealing with a specialist company within the field of process engineering, with projects generally associated with large scale oil and gas production plants. The client has several projects signed off and in the pipeline for the coming months, as well as new bids in for new FEED projects. With this amount of work, they require the support of a contractor to prepare estimates for these projects throughout the EMEA. These estimates will be for the following works:
* In addition, any other construction items deemed to be necessary to complete a Construction Estimate.
* Have the skill set to develop incomplete information into final estimate by using historical data, go-by information and scale ups
* Maintain records of past estimates.
* Attend construction contractor selection meetings when requested.
* Keep up to date with current developments in the marketplace and advise management as necessary.
Applicants should hold an Engineering Degree accompanied by proven experience of producing realistic estimates and capable of organising the work for major projects. The ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of estimating, financial, contractual and technical matters. Ideally, we are looking for 4 years plus experience in a related industry and at least 2 years in construction estimating within the process industry. Computer literacy is essential. The incumbent will be expected to support project re-measure exercises during execution. Therefore, travel may be required to visit current projects in Europe and Middle East.
To apply please forward your resume with a covering letter stating your availability for assignment and also current / expected day rate.
Role: Construction Estimator
Location: Surrey, UK
Rate: Negotiable dependent on experience
RHL Recruitment act as an employment agency and recruitment consultancy.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.