RHL FM & Technical are currently looking for a Day Engineer to join a Market leading Facilities Maintenance business on a permanent basis in Sutton with travel to Chelsea.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Maintaining and improving the efficiency and the effectiveness of plant and equipment within your skill set.
- Carry out PPM tasks in accordance with defined schedule.
- Investigate and repair breakdowns and attend to problems (reactive maintenance).
- Identify, investigate and rectify other mechanical maintenance problems.
- Work with and coordinating specialist facilities contractors, ensuring standards and health/safety are maintained.
- Record engineering down time using the maintenance data system, ensuring accurate information is being collated that enables clear actions to be taken.
- Continually maintain and improve the site facilities.
- Assist other engineers including electrical with additional maintenance tasks as required for the site.
Experience and Qualifications needed:
- Hold Mechanical Engineering qualifications including plumbing. Desirable would be HVAC qualifications including air conditioning but is not essential.
- Qualifications either from an apprenticeship or/and City & Guilds level.
- Ideally be Multi-Skilled (ideally if you have electrical qualifications along with your mechanical qualifications this would be desirable)
- Working knowledge of facilities, such as compressed air, vacuum and water pumping systems.
- Experience or knowledge of L8 would be an advantage
- Confident Facilities Engineer working both reactive and planned maintenance problems.
- Be organised and pro-active with a flexible approach to work tasks to assist team members with additional maintenance tasks.
- Strong communication skills to be able to deal with and communicate problems with specialist contractors.
If this position is something of interest to you please apply for further information.