This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking experienced Despatch Planner to join the team in Peterborough on a contracting basis.
The Despatch Planning Team resides within the PEC Supply Chain Team and is responsible for arranging the collection and despatch of all customer engine and parts orders. The team operates in a fast-paced environment and interacts with a number of areas across the business in order to ensure we meet the customers committed ship dates.
This position will focus on the timely management of transport arrangements for all customer orders despatched from the facilities, via various modes of transportation. The role will be mainly responsible for the adherence to customer shipping terms (Incoterms), payment terms, measurement of our committed Ship date performance and management of finished goods stock.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Consistent focus on accuracy whilst maintaining required velocity.
* Intermediate Excel spreadsheet experience and the ability to manipulate data.
* Hyper-organised, able to maintain process discipline at all times.
* Advanced Excel knowledge
* Knowledge and experience of working with ERP / MRP systems.
* Knowledge of Inco terms / International despatch & haulage processes
* Manage Logistics and system management for despatch from Peterborough warehouse.
* Verify despatch requirements by customer on a daily basis and ensure sales orders are aligned to best practice for optimising loads.
* Checking engine availability, reskid requirements
* Maintenance and booking of timeslots within Transwide web system.
* Maintaining a good working relationship with MPS and Account Coordinator Teams.
* Communication with all areas of MPS to ensure 'finished' engines are available in time for their required committed ship date
* Communication with haulers for arranging collections.
* Maintain professional interface between Orders Management and Despatch Team.
* Constant and consistent communication with the Account Coordinator Teams to ensure all customer committed ship dates (CSD) are adhered to.
* Recording of CSD (Committed Ship Date) performance
* Production of load sheet for all collections
* Calculation of container and trailer utilisation.
* Full understanding and adherence to the Dangerous Goods by Air regulations.
* Adherence to Customer Incoterms.
* Orders Management Teams
* Logistics Analysts
* Freight Suppliers
* Factory 4 Despatch Team
* 3rd Party Logistics Service Provider
* PEC and PSEL MPS Teams
Offering up to £21 per hour as Ltd Co / Umbrella Co contractor based over 37.5 hours per week.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.