This is a great opportunity for you to broaden your skill set and be part of an exciting organisation at the forefront of vehicle technologies and development. You will be performing key activities around a state-of-the-art brand new facility which is testing battery solutions for future electric-powered vehicles. At the same time, being part of the Propulsion Facilities team will allow you to be involved with other areas, sharing experience and supporting engineers working on Engines and Powertrain Testing and Vehicle Emissions.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious Electrical Maintenance / Facilities Engineer to join the Automation Systems team at one of Europe's leading independent technology centres for the design, engineering, test and development of automotive and propulsion systems, and a pioneer of low carbon technologies.
The position will be responsible for providing all technical support to the Engineering team preparing the Test Facilities to perform battery test activities according to customer requirements.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Provide corrective and preventive maintenance on battery testing automation systems.
* Develop and improve test schedules for battery testing on automation systems.
* Conduct investigations and prepare reports to support investigations related to the battery testing facilities.
* Identify failures and suggest modifications to battery testing systems.
* Provide all technical support and training for the battery testing staff
* Assure all instruments are calibrated and generating reliable data
* BSc in engineering preferred. Ideally related to electrical and/or electronic areas.
* (17th/18th Edition Wiring Regulations would be an advantage).
* Must have experience working with automation systems, preferably those used in automotive testing such as Horiba STARS, AVL PUMA, AVL Lynx or Kratzer PAtools.
* Familiar with CAN and Flexray network communications protocol.
* Experience with AC and DC High Voltage systems (up to 1000V) together with all Health and Safety measures associated is preferred but candidates who are willing to develop this knowledge will be considered.
* Experience with test instrumentation including thermocouples and pressure transducers.
* (Automotive background is desirable).
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.