EV Powertrain Test Technician required to join a leading independent technology centres for the engineering, test and development of automotive and propulsion systems.
We are looking to recruit a Test Technician who will assist with daily operation of electrical test rigs for external clients. Applicants will be expected to be motivated and willing to take on new challenges and learning within the rapidly evolving EV arena.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for operation of multiple test rigs outside of normal office hours using defined test methods and scripts
- Help to implement and follow safe systems of work
- Support the installation and calibration of data acquisition systems
- Support the debugging and commissioning of complex electronic systems, esp those with high speed serial interfaces (CAN/FLEXRAY etc)
- Ensure that the data generated is valid and in line with customer requirements
- Liaise with colleagues, customers and suppliers in a professional manner at all times
- Ensure all instrumentation used is calibrated in line with company procedures
- Engineering Degree in engineering related discipline is desirable, but extensive experience will also be considered