Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 85 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Due to their continued growth they are seeking a Parts Technical Author to join the teams based in Manchester on a contracting basis.
A Parts Book Author position is open within the Parts Authoring team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a key role within a demanding and growing environment. The duration will initially be for 6 months.
* Responsible for the compilation of parts books/Illustrated parts catalogues.
* Creation of a parts list and corresponding illustration that will be used in parts books and on-line parts information systems.
* Using illustration software (Iso-Draw) to convert 3D/JT Models into 2D parts book Illustrations to be used by customers to correctly identify spare parts.
* Loading service part numbers into warehouse system (POPIMS) to allow procurement activity to start.
* Contribute to team targets for completing parts books within an agreed time frame.
Qualifications and Experience Required:
Ideal Candidate's Experience:
* Good IS/IT skills (Majority of time in this role is spent checking BOM data and matching up part numbers within aftermarket systems).
* Managing Bills of Material or Managing Design Changes within a BOM/Parts listing system.
* Ability to recognise engine spare parts/components by description/drawing/shape
* Use of Technical Authoring or Product Lifecycle packages, e.g.
* Microsoft applications typically Excel.
* Experience of industrial diesel engines, automotive parts, agricultural equipment/machinery.
* Excellent working knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
* Ability to interpret basic technical data
* Good communicator who is comfortable working with a variety of people across an organisation
* Good analytical and problem-solving skills
* Contributing to Team Success
* Customer Focus
* Planning and Organising/Managing Work
* Quality Orientation/Work Standards
* Ability and willingness to adapt and learn
Rate: Offering up to £18.00 per hour based under Umbrella Co / Ltd Co
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.