RICS Building Surveyor
RHL would like to hear from experienced Reading/Berkshire-based RICS building surveyors interested in joining our clients well-established, independent and growing firm of property professionals.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a chartered surveyor looking for a job package tailored to suit them, that also provides excellent prospects for professional development.
You will be carrying out survey works across Berkshire and surrounding areas. You will focus on Building Surveys, but you will also have the opportunity to work in other residential services and in the commercial sector. You will have the option to work closely with clients and get involved with sourcing new business.
Working with a multi-disciplined nationwide team of chartered surveyors and structural engineers, you will have support from people with a wide range of experience and expertise, to help you deliver the best quality work. This provides an opportunity to facilitate your own career progression by learning from different specialisms.
This will be working for an independent company, which means they have the flexibility to design a package to meet your needs. Whether you want flexible working, the chance to try something different or even the opportunity to become a partner in the company, for the right person, they can make it work.
The company has an excellent client service record, and as such they are looking for someone who is committed to delivering work of the best quality and who will uphold the professional standards of the industry's governing institutions.
Ideally, you will be an MRICS or FRICS chartered building surveyor (although they would consider experienced AssocRICS surveyors) and be confident in carrying out residential building surveys. You must have an eye for detail and a thorough understanding of building defects, maintenance and repairs.
You will have experience of:
- a wide range of structural and building defects
- preparing and presenting comprehensive, accurate survey reports
- providing clear, concise, justified conclusions
- working independently and within a team structure
- liaising with clients, both verbally and through written correspondence
A full UK driving licence is required.
- Salary of approx. £48-50K, depending on experience
- An excellent performance-related bonus scheme
- A diverse building surveyor job role with excellent opportunities for career progression: partnership is a possibility for the right person
- A supportive network of in-house professionals
- Flexible and generous packages to suit you. These typically include (but are not limited to):
- flexible working and working from home
- up to 33 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- attractive car allowance or company car
- payment of professional subscriptions and support with CPD
- provision of all engineering and home office equipment
- pension contribution
- enhanced parental leave
Please apply with your CV or contact Becky Round firstname.lastname@example.org