Staffordshire - Stafford
up to £50000.00 per annum, Holiday, Pension, Health, +++
Due to expansion in the department, an excellent opportunity is available for Senior Test and Development Engineer, to play a key role in developing of future product range and technology.
This role will report to the Test and Development Manager, and join a highly focused, passionate team, working on exciting new programmes to both maintain and further extend the companies range of industrial products and machines worldwide.
- Have ownership and responsibility for completion of Testing and Development activities on new product designs, systems, and components from project creations through to Engineering Sign Off and completion.
- Machine driving and operation, including benchmarking and liaising with Test Drivers and Group Assessors.
- Diagnosing machine technical issues and work with different teams to solve problems.
- Understand the application of machinery and the customer requirements.
- Problem analysis and proposal of design solutions.
- Analysis, reporting and presentation of test results.
- Design, build and commissioning of test rigs.
- Liaise with internal / external customers / departments, as required during projects.
- Product homologation and legislative conformance.
- Provide information for Engineering Sign Off records, DVPSOR's and Technical Construction Files.
- Supervision of XP resource allocated to assist with development tasks and support prototype builds.
Required Education and Skill set:
- Degree / HND in Mechanical / Electrical Engineering or have equivalent experience.
- Experience in the design / development of heavy vehicles.
- Good working knowledge of drive-train, hydraulics, and electrical / electronic systems.
- Enthusiastic attitude, coupled with a sense of urgency and desire to succeed.
- Good teamwork and communication skills with ability to influence change.
- Good working knowledge of data acquisition, processing, and vehicle testing.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
Role: Senior Development Engineer
Type: Permanent - Full time
Benefits: Holiday 33 days including BH, Pension, Health scheme, Gym & Discount
RHL Acts as an employment agency and recruitment consultancy. If you meet the requirements and interested in this role, please forward your resume with a covering letter / email stating your current employment situation and salary expectations.