Our client has been a manufacturer of diesel engines and power solutions for over 85 years, to the highest levels of performance and reliability. They have grown to become one of the leading suppliers of diesel and gas engines in the power solutions market.
Due to continued growth they are seeking an experienced Senior Engine Test & Validation Engineer to join the team in Peterborough on contracting basis
The successful applicant will hold a key role within the L5 Mechanical Systems team, with responsibility to coordinate and deliver engine-machine installation projects in support of business acquisition with strategic external OEMs. Working in a multi-discipline team and supporting the CMET Programme Manager, this role combines diesel engine and aftertreatment experience with off highway machine systems knowledge to develop optimal engine installations in machines.
* Co ordinate machine engine change over projects (with decision making authority).
* Work with CMET design, technician & planning resource, and customer engineers to facilitate high quality machine re-work & engine installation
* Deployment of proprietary and bespoke electronic integration tools, systems & hardware
* Development of test briefs, with support and guidance
* Test data acquisition through appropriate machine test cycles delivering benchmark and A&I Sign-off data.
* Close liaison with internal and OEM Project teams
* Electrical, electronic & mechanical problem solving
* Present & discuss technical results & proposals internally and with OEM customers
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Champion customer engagement and support
* Evaluate and promote new products and processes
* Contribute in component, sub-system and system FMEAs
* Delivering to committed deadlines
* Technical understanding of off-highway machines & their power trains
* Mobile machine electrics and electronics
* Communication of technical information with internally, with customers, and with suppliers.
* Data analysis & conclusion
* Engineering hand calculations
* Requires a Bachelor's or Master's degree in an accredited Engineering subject or significant engineering experience.
* Incumbents must have industrial experience in engine design, preferably for diesel engines or vehicle/machine system integration.
* Requires a self-starter with strong technical leadership skills with the ability to lead by influence.
* Must have ability to communicate technical information effectively with team members and others in the work group, as well as employees in other business units, customers, and suppliers.
Rate: Up to maximum of £35 per hour based under Ltd Co / Umbrella Co basis