This company is a world leader in construction and mining equipment-creating innovative, cutting-edge products and services that help their customers build the world around. Due to continued growth they are seeking experienced Senior Simulation Engineer to join the team in Peterborough on contracting basis.
We currently have a new and exciting opportunity for a Systems Simulation Specialist within the European Division of Energy and Transportation Systems Research Group based their Peterborough Facility.
This innovative team is responsible for developing novel engineering solutions and processes working collaboratively with European Universities, internal and industrial partners as well as their US based sister team. The team leads the powertrain research strategy and delivery within Europe, this includes global research responsibility for electrification and hybridisation systems integration and control.
* Build, validate and optimise system level and/or controls orientated models across multiple execution platforms.
* Provide engineering guidance based on performing machine and powertrain level simulations
* Self-management of assigned tasks to agreed customer critical requirements, delivering high quality work to documented or novel processes within agreed timescales
* Work with multi-disciplinary teams to support continuous improvement in response to current and future customer needs
* Close liaison with performance and mechanical development engineers, engine designers and project teams
Requires an accredited engineering degree (2:1 or above) or equivalent experience and excellent analytical skills, a higher-level degree would be advantageous.
* Be familiar with some of 1-D simulation, dynamics, controls orientated or mean value simulation tools (e.g. GT-Power, Wave, AmeSIM, Adams, Dymola, Simulink)
* Demonstrate the ability to interpret data, identify quality issues and understand performance interactions
* Have a high level of competency in the use of data-analysis tools (e.g. Excel, Minitab, Matlab/Simulink etc.)
* Demonstrate knowledge of conventional, hybrid or electric powertrain or vehicle system fundamentals in order to develop improved models and analyses novel concepts;
* Have an understanding of underlying theoretical principles of systems simulation and/or fluid networks;
* Understand how power systems interact with vehicles and real world drive cycles;
Offering up to £40 per hour as Ltd Co / Umbrella Co contractor based over 37.5 hours per week.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.