This is an opportunity for an ambitious Senior Technician to join the Pre-Rigging test engine & Fuel test Support team at one of Europe's leading independent technology centres for the design, engineering, test and development of automotive and propulsion systems, and a pioneer of low carbon technologies.
Roles and responsibilities:
* Support run CEC engine test programs to detailed work tickets.
* Gather accurate data to enable detailed report generation.
* Support pre-rigging of engines in preparation for dyno testing.
* Support manufacture/assembly of engine test pallets including fabricating brackets, machining of adaptors, fitting instrumentation and pipework.
* Support housekeeping and parts organisation standards, work with collages to maintain high standards in working environment.
* Organise 5S pre-rigging area to ensure efficient operation and ease of use.
* Ensure agreed deadlines are achieved.
* Assist in installation of rigged engines into test cells.
* Liaise with supporting staff, engineers, supervisors and customers on a technical level.
* Ensure all H&S and quality procedures have been adhered to.
* Act in accordance with the behaviours for staff at all times.
* City and Guild in Automotive or Engineering.
* Automotive/engineering apprenticeship and/or relevant experience.
* Must have a sound automotive/engineering background preferably in a testing environment.
* Instrumentation experience (thermocouples, pressure transducers etc.)
* Good organisation within a workshop environment.
* Stock control/manufacturing/fabrication backgrounds considered if coupled with some automotive experience.
* Fabrication skills.
* Stock control & procurement.
* Basic level of design for manufacture.
* Interpretation of basic air/fluid path schematics.
* Good general IT skills especially MS Excel.
* Strong strength of character and able to work well with others.
* Excellent attention and willingness to improve.
* Tidy and highly organised.
* Confident and initiative.
* Good understanding of H&S practices.
* Full UK driving licence
* Office hours / some flexible working.
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.