Our client has a new, exciting opportunity for a Software Development Engineer to join a highly focused, passionate team working on exciting and innovative development projects, to deliver new products to the market on a regular basis.
* Write and develop module-level code in-line with the software development process.
* Develop product-level code to support the development of new products.
* Modify module-level and product-level code to assist with the test and validation of new products.
* Interpret module test plans and create visualisations in CODESYS to facilitate module verification testing.
* Assist in specifying software functionality.
* Generate bespoke test software to assist with general test and validation activities.
* Follow good practice for revision control and commenting within the code to ensure traceability and facilitate knowledge capture.
* Support the updating of software for machines currently in production.
Qualifications & Experience
In addition to a strong engineering background, the ideal candidate will have:
* A Degree in a relevant field (candidates without a degree will be considered if they can demonstrate extensive and relevant industry experience).
* Experience in software development for complex electro-mechanical systems.
* Knowledge of PLC logic and programming
In addition to the above, the following is preferable but not essential:
* Knowledge of programming using CoDeSys (especially using FBD 'Functional Block Diagram' and ST 'Structured Text' languages)
* Knowledge of control of hydraulic valves.
* Experience in developing software using the V-Model.
* Experience of developing software for mobile machinery.
* Methodical and systematic approach
* Able to work as part of a team or individually
* Good attention to detail
* Strong problem solving ability
* Excellent communication skills
* Desire to learn and train others
* Ability to work with partial information and minimal supervision
* Ability to produce efficiently a consistent high quality of work
* Flexible approach to working hours
Salary: Up to £33,000 plus benefits
Call Daniel Woodcock on 01621 841234 or email email@example.com
Job Reference: 248227D
Thank you for sending your details. One of our consultants will be in touch shortly.