A design & innovation consultancy, renowned for its creativity and purpose is looking for a Technical Project Manager to support and collaborate with the award-winning researchers, designers and engineers who are the heartbeat behind the amazing physical and digital design experiences they provide for their clients.
You will be from engineering heritage, well versed in product to market ideally with a design eye. 60% of work is within the medical arena, but like all agencies these guys also work within the industrial and consumer spaces.
Whether you are from industry or consultancy, this is very much managing projects as well taking responsibility for both commercial success and the technical nature of the design work.
* Create inventive and practical technical concepts as well as assess feasibility
* Research, source and specify applicable technologies, suppliers, materials and processes
* Develop concepts into reliable and robust solutions; including 3D CAD (Solidworks / Creo) modelling, math models and FEA/CFD, risk analysis and managing prototypes for testing
* Detail and specify design for manufacture; including engineering drawings, tolerances and specifications
* Create and control documents including presentations, reports and schedules
* Communicate and present work to clients
* Interpret briefs, prepare proposals, plans and requirements specifications
* 1st or 2:1 Master's Degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
* Proficient in 3D CAD modelling (Solidworks or CREO)
* Familiar with materials and processes including moulding, casting, machining and fabrication
* Ability with Engineering Analysis (FEA/CFD) and tolerance calculations
* Excellent written and verbal presentation skills
* Some experience of managing projects - not necessarily people management